Friday, April 20, 2012

what the f*((&*&*((&* is wrong with my husband???

So kiddo 1.0 comes home looking upset and says his stomach is really hurting him, so I assume it's the dreaded stomach bug, and hustle him upstairs to the toilet.  When he doesn't throw up immediately, I tuck him into bed with the big metal throw up bowl, towels, and rinsing water.

"Ow."  He clutches his stomach.  "It really hurts."  I decide if he doesn't throw up right away, maybe some bland crackers will soothe his tummy, just a couple though. 

He wolfs them down.

Okay, how about some applesauce, some ginger cookies to soothe the nausea?  Hell yeah, he wolfs them down too, stops crying, and looks a big more optimistic.  "How's your tummy now?"  I ask.  Apparently it's getting better by the second.  He bounds downstairs saying, "wow, that applesauce was GOOD."

Oh. My. He doesn't have the stomach bug, he was hungry.  So hungry that he was suffering from, apparently unfamliar, extreme hunger pains!  "What did you have for lunch?" I ask......"Only half a sandwich and one chicken strip, that's all that daddy packed for me.  Plus just half a bowl of cereal for breakfast."   I am rage.  This preteen, who has grown through two clothing sizes in the past six months, needs calories!  He needs fuel!  He needs to eat, dammit!  He is not a vegan or a dieter!

Now, dad is not the kind of parent that I would call neglectful or abusive at all, unlike those very sad and horrifying cases that we hear about in the news.  This is a man who reads shelfloads of books about proper medical and emotional development of children at every age and follows it to the tee. 

So it makes little sense, that kiddo was suffering from hunger pains!  So I submit this as further evidence that, the vegan diet has driven my husband insane.  I mean, what (otherwise) sane person does stuff like that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment