Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It makes no logical sense

Why I would be enticed by the advertised deal at IKEA, to get a free meal, if I spent $100.  Boy, I am EVER their target customer, and then some.  I was so excited by this idea, that I could combine their various entrees (I got three of them) in order to make myself up a complete low carb meal.  Excluding the high carb sides of carrots and potatoes, I got cooked yummy white fish, some ceasar salad, and some lox!  What fun!

Psychological experts, those Swedes.  Because I was in such a good mood from all my "free food" that I went and spent about $400 on mediocre curtains, and lamps for my kids that look like aliens after you work for 3 hours to put them together!

It's all fun and games, until you have to go back, and deal with the returns department.  (And let's not even talk about how un-fun those credit card bills are gonna be.)  Then you find out.  "TAKE A NUMBER".  (the number machine is broken, I protest!)  Try to be nice as they look at you accusingly, like "How stupid are you to not know how to fix the number machine, plus, we know it was probably you who broke it.  Idiot."  Then you sit there for an hour, trying to resist the smell of cinnamon buns.  Then you find out, if you don't have your receipt, you can only get a credit for your merchandise, which only leads to more shopping, and so the vicious cycle continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment