Saturday, March 3, 2012

my meatloaf mush

"But.....don't you get tired of eating the same thing everyday?"  My dear friend politely hinted, with only thinly veiled bewilderment.  Well I should, and I don't know why I don't get tired of this meatloaf.  It is just meatloaf, after all, with a side of green beans and fake potatoes (really cauliflower whipped with cream.)

I think it may be the greasy, oily, buttery flavor.  With this diet you are allowed, even encouraged, to add real butter to whatever you are cooking, to drive up the fat and carb content.  And guess what.....butter is good!!!!!  Like Anthony Boidoin said in his great book "No Reservations,"* if you are eating yummy food in a restaurant and wonder why it's just so darn good, it's probably because it was cooked with tons of butter.

Right now as I am typing, my kitty cat is sitting on the kitchen table, happily licking up the remainder of my lunch.  No wonder he follows me around all over the house all day!  I'm now the source of alot of buttery/protein leftovers!

Or, maybe, it's just that if you wait long enough to eat, you get, like, really really hungry, and everything tastes pretty good at that point.

* Sorry, but I am probably spelling his name wrong.  And that may not be the correct book title.  But, really really good read, especially if you are thinking about opening a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment