Monday, March 5, 2012

Does veganism make you act like an a$$?? Aka: "Where is my stevia?"

him: "Where is my stevia?"  He demands.  I shrug.  I am still in my pajamas, scrubbing the mold off of the bathroom tub tiles.  I am sort of, like, a bit busy.

him:  "Because you were the last one to see it.  Did you buy it?  You said you were going to buy it. Well, did you unpack it??  Where did you put it?  Can't you go look for it now? "
me: "Um, sorry, but I don't know where it is.  It's small.  Maybe I forgot to unpack it, and it's still in the bags, by the door.  Or maybe it dropped somewhere, I dunno, sorry."  (scrub, scrub scrub.)

him: "Well you need to go find it.  Now."

me: (glare) scrub, scrub, scrub

him:  closes the bathroom door menacingly, so the kids don't hear....."Go look for it, now.  You were the last one to have it, so you need.  To.  Go.  Look.  For.  It."

me:  "stop talking to me like that"

him:  "You need to stop talking to me in that tone of voice"

me:  "I mean it, stop it, go away"

him:  "NO.  YOU STOP."

me:  "I said, I don't know where it is, I don't know where to look, I made a mistake, okay, maybe I lost it, maybe it's in the bags, but I can't come down right now."

and on, and on and on it goes, leading to yet another weekend full of misery and silence. 

Is it the diet, or something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment