Monday, January 9, 2012

what a low carb way to party

So, my hubby and I had reason to celebrate a successful business transaction.....yeah that sounds so cool, doesn't it?  What I really mean is that we spent a whole lot of money that we don't have with a loan that's going to cost us even more, and yet somehow we are happy because we feel like we didn't get too screwed over.  That's the American way, isn't it.

Yeah it was time to party, but then the pathetic sadness began.  Because in my non-diet days, I would have partied down with some rocking sushi rolls, dark chocolate, and some good beer or wine.  Plus, there may have been fried appetizers....and cake!  Or at least some frozen yogurt.

"I guess we can go to the Japanese restaurant"..we meekly agreed.  The only thing I could think to order was a plate of sashimi, and the only thing hubby could order was PLAIN BROWN RICE AND STEAMED VEGGIES which is just SAD!!!!  And no booze.   Noooo booooze.  Nada saki.

The first quarter tasted okay, the second quarter was bearable, but then my body protested....."no more raw crap fish"  it was saying.  So I had to stop eating, dreading a night of stomach pain.  Hubby ate his pathetic peasant plate and looked sad as he pushed the big sliced moon shaped vegetables around in various arrangements.

It's just not quite the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment