Thursday, January 5, 2012

We are on opposite diets

So, my husband and I have each decided that we would like to loose afew pounds.  Well, more like 10 or 20 to be more correct.  I am a big fan of the low carb approach, which works by lowers your insulin levels among alot of other cool chemical/hormonal things, to make you loose a ton.  My idiot husband however, has taken the exact opposite approach, and has decided to eat...almost nothing, aka "vegan."  Not only vegan, but no oils, nuts, etc.  Just whole grains, boiled potatoes, basically everything I can't eat.

I THINK HE"S CRAZY!
But.....

I have to say, that our food bill has completely turned around since we both shopped for our respective diets. 
There used to be a late night food raid, and nothing lasted more than a day or two.  Now, I can keep breaded chicken for the kids in the fridge for a week.

It's going on three weeks now, and we've both lost about the same amount of weight, seven pounds or so.

But......I've noticed some changes in hubbies behavior, notably more irritable, short tempered.  Could it be the diet? 

I think it may be a good idea to have a place here to write down what does down each day and keep track, so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment